Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why So Dark?

In an effort to lower my energy consumption by a small margin, this blog has been given a black background. When translated by your computer, darker coloring has a very low LCD projection rate. To produce the light frequency for this kind of backgournd takes far less energy than any other type, especially white. This is a trend that has been pursued by popular websites such as Google. Google recently released Blackle, their lower energy counterpart. On the website it is explained in great detail how much energy is saved by simply switching the color of the background and why it has been a successful website.

2 comments:

  1. Hey...you found Delaware River Journal and I'm finally touching base. I just took a job with Bucks County Audubon and that has put a serious hit on my time budget for blogging. Sad, eh? I'm looking forward to reading your posts. As you know the river is one of my numero uno passions. Thank you for getting my attention!

    A major undone topic I want to tackle is extreme weather impacts on the river (flood and drought cycles). Each of these come with distinct sets of environmental problems.

    I need to restore the comment section on DRJ. Removed it some time ago because I was taking too much sh*# from Bushmen. Otherwise you can communicate via my email address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops...regarding prior post...I clicked on a link to your blog; said link appeared in the profile of a "follower" of my own blog. The gist of my comments stand but I'm addressing a different person.

    Just gave myself a headache!

    ReplyDelete